Tuesday, October 5, 2010

SOUP ON A RAINY DAY

It's been too long since I posted here but I've got a dastard cold, a slo-mo beast that spent days as a tickle in the back of my throat, taunting me, lulling me into the belief it would blow over.  It's been almost two weeks now and it's been toying with my chest for several days.  All to say -- taste buds have been compramised.

I went to the Coffee and Tea Show on September 26th and have some tea samples I'm looking forward to tasting, and also have three different maple syrups I'm dying to try next to each other too.  But must wait until I stop with the crumpled tissues.  

So I'm making roasted beet soup this rainy, grey morning, along with all the slighted wilted veggies in the bottom of my fridge.  I think it smells pretty good.


Sautéd a few onions then added chopped
beet greens, and a lone leek.






Almost forgot the tomatos that had gone slightly soft.


Added water, salt, pepper and then a
few fresh leaves of sage (from a bouquet
I created for the desk the other day) and
some fennel seeds. Why not.


Simmered down by about 1/3, then put through the blender.
Crumbled abit of feta on top.  From what I can taste I have
to say it's pretty good -- the hint of fennel is nice.  At least it
all tastes good with these cold-challenged taste buds.



No comments:

Post a Comment